I Wanna Be The Very Best...

Go down

I Wanna Be The Very Best...

Post by Flamepc on Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:49 am

What is everyone's plans for a major? What do you wanna be when you grow up?
or if you're old...
What were your plans when you were younger? What are you now?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: I Wanna Be The Very Best...

Post by Kimihiro on Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:50 am

Truthfully I only dreamt of being a hotel manager.. Now to be honest I don't know what I wanna be now.
Kimihiro
7070 Water
7070 Water

Back to top Go down

Post by Flamepc on Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:03 am

Why'd you wanna be a hotel manager, of all things?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimihiro on Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:33 am

Because it would've been fun to manage a huge arse hotel full of quality employess and leading them all to serve the customers with everyone smilin and stuff. Of course there's the pool, the bar and the damn comfy beds.
Kimihiro
7070 Water
7070 Water

Back to top Go down

Post by Lycheeee on Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:47 pm

Plan is to major in pharmacy and work in hospitals.Why? I have no idea, maybe because I like helping people and pharmacists are the first line of help many people seek help from.

At the moment, I am a manager of a cafe... so I make coffee and learn about drugs for a living.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheenaman on Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:16 pm

Engineer. Just don't ask why. Currently studying in last year of secondary.
Cheenaman
7070 Fire
7070 Fire

Back to top Go down

Post by Midnightx on Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:09 pm

Just to follow where my dreams and grades lead me to (and hopefully collide). Though when I was young, I wanted to be an accountant cos my mum glamorized the job. Not too sure where my aspirations lie now though.
Midnightx
7070 Water
7070 Water

http://www.instagram.com/ilovenightsandchocolate

Back to top Go down

Post by Flamepc on Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:21 pm

No one wants to be anything in the field of art and performance. I find that sad.

Personally, I'm going for neuroscience as a major and psychology as a minor. It's all wild imagination to learn why I want these two. My back-up would be biological engineer or simply a teacher.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lycheeee on Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:34 am

I play violin and electric violin?... at a higher education level. I just don't study it.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Elsel on Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:12 am

Another neuroscientist, what are the odds of that! I chose it because I want to know how everything works, and the brain seemed like something I could study my whole life and never get bored. This was before I failed at my internship. Now I still like the brain but I don't know what kind of brain related job I would like to do when I grow up.

My plan when I was younger was to do anything that involves animals. Don't think I meant lab animals by that XD

Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Xariel on Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:34 am

I aim to be, and am currently studying to be a game designer!
A little more specially, the lore and/or game mechanics! (In other words, the art and design of games)

Why? I love games! Games are probably one of the only reasons I can push on sometimes. I first picked up Pokemon Yellow on a Gameboy Pocket and have never stopped playing games since. (My mom forever regrets getting me that gameboy pocket lol)

Playing games and Game design are 2 different things, but designing games really lets you appreciate every tiny piece of work that developers put into a game. Pieces so tiny that players wouldn't even register them consciously, but do unconciously. It's almost like... psychology!
Xariel
7070 Water
7070 Water

Back to top Go down

Post by Flamepc on Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:22 am

@Fruit: That's cuz you're Asian. I believe it's a standard somewhere for Asians to learn to play instruments.

@Elsel: Do research for a university on brain-work. Become a brain surgeon. Combine science with media and work towards implementing a SAO-type game. Like you, my logical reason for picking neuroscience and psychology was because I found the mind to be the most vast and unpredictable piece of work that will take lifetimes to map. My goal with combining the two (neuroscience and psychology) is to first know the chemical functions then to manipulate those chemical functions to test results. In a sense, I want to be able to manipulate the mind.

@Xariel: You should become a volunteer at some small gaming company or begin by designing games for the phone. And I agree with you that designing games lets you appreciate details of it. This is applicable in many different situations. For myself, by drawing a masterpiece, you get to focus on every small detail and live that detail, which lets you know first-hand what beauty the work truly is. The eyes isn't enough to comprehend perfection, but it knows this and still admires perfection with what little knowledge it has of it.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Xariel on Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:02 am

Nuh uh!
I'm asian and I can't play an instrument to save my life.
My mom tried once, I spent 3 months trying to learn scales on the piano and failed. My teacher was so frustrated, she asked my mom if I had some weird memory problem. >.>

I would love to play violin or piano otherwise haha.
Xariel
7070 Water
7070 Water

Back to top Go down

Post by Icadies on Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:34 pm

I wanted to be a doctor when I was in highschool. Then when I was in the university I wanted to pursue law. Now, I'm not interested with either of the two. I graduated with a Sociology degree and wants to pursue MA in Business Administration. But the truth is, I want to have MA & PhD in Forensic Anthropology! Sucks that we don't have it here in Ph Sad
Icadies
7070 Water
7070 Water

Back to top Go down

Post by kevian86 on Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:26 pm

When I was a child I wanted to be a herpetologist (study of reptiles and amphibian's) but that dream died while I was in school because I hated school lol. Then I went to school for massage therapy but didn't perdue a career in the field because it wasn't what I really wanted. So now I'm enrolled at everest for my associates in computer science and its what i want even if the cost of schooling for this program is rediculous.

kevian86

Back to top Go down

Post by airlangga07 on Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:42 am

im currently work as a web programmer and designer. i love everything about programming and internet technologies. and hopefully i will be applying for major degree in Netherlands! anyone from netherlands? lets meet up next year! lol..
airlangga07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum