Discussion: Racism

Go down

Discussion: Racism

Post by Flamepc on Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:30 am

What are your thoughts about it? Is it necessary? Is it avoidable?
If you were to be in a room with one race which wouldn't it be? Why?

Let's see if Channel 7070 can get through a serious discussion.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Racism

Post by Midian on Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:35 am

Eh, unfortunately racism will never die. Why no clue? Probably because people naturally fear whats different, people are insecure, and generally as a race weak of mental will.

Personally. I like cultural change, my favorite games are ones where I make friends in places like China, France, the Netherlands, etc.

Racism isn't a necessity as much as it is an unavoidable outcomes based on peoples innate fear of things that are different. Is it avoidable? In small circumstances raising a child properly can avoid it.

device: Sony Xperia Z Ultra
Guild: Sapphire Dawn
Midian

Back to top Go down

Post by Flamepc on Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:40 am

What if we didn't have racism? Do you think the world will be a better place?

Personally, I don't think so.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Midian on Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:50 am

Hmmmm I think without racism people we would still have things like religious wars, and cultural dufferences groups would still spark up to find a reason to hate, I honestly don't think and end to racism would change the world much for the better or worse. Religion cause far more hate crimes then any type of racism or stereotype.

device: Sony Xperia Z Ultra
Guild: Sapphire Dawn
Midian

Back to top Go down

Post by Elsel on Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:28 am

Hmm I think racism is mostly a question of which people you see as belonging to your own group. (This is also what I learned at uni so there should be some thruth in it somewhere XD) If someone doesn't belong to your group you care less if awful things happen to them. If they happen to your group you feel like part of yourself is being hurt like that, making you not want that to happen. So you want your group to never suffer any negative things from people not in your group. Thereby wanting them out of your country if they are 'stealing our jobs'. Even if having no job is much less worse than them being kicked out of the country.

Or another example, when people thought slaves weren't part of their groups they could do awful things to them without even blinking, but now that we see them as part of our group we could never do that.

So the solution is that by world globalisation everyone feels like all the people of all the world belong to their group. The feeling of group had already expanded from your own village (couple of hundred years ago) to your country, and has expanded to include slaves. So maybe it is possible Very Happy

But there will always be a next step, when all people are in our group, what about the aliens? Do we care that much if they suffer? Or the animals, or the plants, or the bacteria.

I'm really not good at explaining this XD

Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimihiro on Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:56 pm

Racism is just pride on a national level, saying one nation/race is above all others and thus they have a right to consider those below them weak/incompetent. Its unavoidable because the world is just like one huge arse pyramid.. the ones below are usually the ones who are underdeveloped. And it is also because of that reason that their moral values, intellectual prowess and abilities have been hindered due to lack of resources.

But that doesnt mean I approve of it. People are people regardless of color race nationality ability talents. Its just BS.

And of the choice of room, sadly my own countrymen, PH because of their ***forsaken attitude.
Kimihiro
7070 Water
7070 Water

Back to top Go down

Post by Chisle on Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:26 am

A friend always told me racism comes from genetic programming parents force into their children head and it's like a never ending cycle.

In truth everyone is a little racist,

Back to top Go down

Post by Icadies on Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:20 pm

Social stratification in all aspect is inevitable.
Icadies
7070 Water
7070 Water

Back to top Go down

Post by Broomhitches on Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:23 pm

I hate racism, and really can't quantify why people are so set in hating a group of people based on skill color and other physical traits. My mom is a bigot and was angry as hell when I started dating because I date outside of my race. She told me how dirty and promiscuous white women were, and I couldn't help but look at her and feel embarrassed that she was my mother.
Broomhitches
7070 Fire
7070 Fire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum