Discussion: Religion

Go down

Discussion: Religion

Post by Flamepc on Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:53 pm

The second topic of controversial discussions to be found on Rainbowmon.
What do you guys feel/think about religion? Are you a religious person yourself? (Why/Why not?)
Please don't post anything insulting to any other religions, this is very, very touchy.

I'll start:
I was born a Catholic (many Filipinos were) and continued to be devout until I turned around 13 years old. By that time, I was beginning to question stuff and truth about religions in general. As I grew in years, I read parts of the Bible and decided that it had stuff I didn't agree with. There were many contradictions.

As for now, I'm an agnostic.

Last edited by Flamepc on Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:43 am; edited 1 time in total

Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Religion

Post by Elsel on Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:17 pm

I'm a bit of a typical scientist on this one, don't believe in god at all, but if there was really good proof I could be convinced (I hope). But till then I think nature is awesome enough to be the cause of all the awesome things we see around us.
Religion I know nothing about so I can't really say what I think about it, haha.

Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Chisle on Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:33 am

I'm polytheistic,in a sense. I believe that each belief has a god/goddess that governs it, and every aspect of life tangible or not has a god or goddess that governs it as well. All these gods/goddess's were crated by one god/goddess to micromanage the earth and teach humans different paths. Same with devilish figures.

Back to top Go down

Post by Flamepc on Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:45 am

That's a new twist. I've never heard anyone give me that before. I like that Chisle.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chisle on Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:34 am

Well i've always believe everything has a purpose, (except the tapir). There has to be a reason why we have so many religions, so i based my beliefs around easily accepting others, forming a system that takes in from everything. I think that each little belief maybe a fragment off an even bigger belief and eventually it all come to one truth.

Back to top Go down

Post by Flamepc on Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:54 am

So you believe Truth is your religion? Similar to Gandhi and his way of Satyagraha.

From taking world history as a class and analyzing how people act, religion seems to be a tool used by leaders to unify a group. In the most early cases, the people of Mesopotamia worshiped priests because they felt they were connected to gods and as such have divine power. Later on, religion is used as a sort of structural basis for morals and social standards.

You know, history. And Chisle, have you considered other religions/belief systems though or was this just a "leave one religion, base everything about religions on that one" which is a common case for some atheists/agnostics.

Also, what do you think about atheism and agnosticism?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chisle on Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:28 am

Seeing as I believe that there's a god/goddess for everything I believe that there's an entity for logic,reason, and science much as atheists believe in. This doesn't mean I think their wrong for it could be deity's have a very paradoxical existence where they do and don't exist much like an idea. So on atheism I side with the wise beaver from south park were maybe simply believing in it makes it real. An as for the people themselves as long as they don't believe they're superior because they don't believe in deity's i'm fine with them. Oh an agnostic is an in between stage, much like a cross roads. It's kind of like no mans land.

Back to top Go down

Post by Xariel on Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:37 pm

I'm pretty neutral on religion.

But there's a culture believes that the tapir eats dreams....
Xariel
7070 Water
7070 Water

Back to top Go down

Post by Flamepc on Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:39 pm

I think that's superstition, not religion.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Icadies on Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:19 pm

I believe in God but I do not believe in religion.
Like Flame, I'm also a Catholic and from the Ph.
Icadies
7070 Water
7070 Water

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum